The Canadian Association for Resources in Education and Impact in Selfcare (CAREis)
is a not-for-profit organization that offers programs that alleviate the challenges marginalized communities in Beaumont and Alberta face every day. The organization supports marginalized communities through accessible education and resources about the effect of mental health issues on their lives and within their social settings (workplace, homes, etc.), especially during and post COVID-19. Our programs focus on physical, mental and emotional health awareness, and stress alleviation as well as economic and cultural enhancement.
CAREis is a proud recipient of a Federal Government grant under the Canada Summer Jobs Program with the Department of Service Canada. CAREis is looking for an accountable Marketing Coordinator who is creative and have a solid understanding of marketing techniques with a keen interest in providing a consistent brand voice across all marketing activities to specific audiences. The Marketing Coordinator will have excellent organizational, communication, time management and research skills. Top candidates will exhibit critical thinking skills, strong problem-solving skills and a meticulous attention to detail. This position will report to the Executive Director.
Title: Marketing Coordinator (one position available)
Status: Full-Time position to be filled
Location: Beaumont, Alberta
Work Terms: Week days, possible weekends (Total of 8 weeks of employment, 35 hours/week), between May 1, 2021 – February 26, 2022.
Candidates must be of an age between 15 – 30 years old according to the
Canada Summer Jobs Program Guidelines
Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a marketing plan for the organization’s programs including print, broadcast and online content.
- Supporting the marketing and design of advertisement tools.
- Setting up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Conducting market research
- Responsible for Social media accounts
- Advertising daily organization programs and activities
- Assisting with any other duties as required.
- Knowledge of Marketing/Communications techniques (essential).
- Experience with creative writing, advertising concepts and social media.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Creative mind with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and knowledge of web editing packages.
- Knowledge of French an asset
Required skills and knowledge
- High energy, self-starter
- Experience and/or desire to work with a variety of people with different backgrounds.
- Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Able to problem solve effectively.
For inquiries and to submit your resume, please contact Kathryn White, Executive Director (587) 577-8445, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Submission Deadline June 1, 2021
Application Status: Filled
This initiative is facilitated by the Canadian Association for Resources in Education & Impact in Self-Care “CAREis” and is funded by the Goverment of Canada’s Summer Job’s Program