Code of Conduct
By signing up and attending this workshop one agrees to be polite, courtesy and respectful of the material presented, other attendees and that you have read the code of conduct policy and will adhere to its guidelines written below.
This workshop/presentation is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. All interactions should be professional regardless of platform: either online or in-person. In order to foster a positive, professional and inclusionary learning environment we encourage the following kinds of behaviours in all workshop events and platforms:
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Be respectful of different viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accept differences of opinion and/or constructive criticism
- Focus on what is best for the community
- Show courtesy and respect towards other community members, hosts and workshop presenters
Examples of unacceptable behaviour by participants at any workshop event/platform include:
- written or verbal comments which have the effect of excluding people on the basis of membership of any specific group
- causing someone to fear for their safety, such as through stalking, following, or intimidation
- violent threats or language directed against another person
- the display of sexual or violent images
- unwelcome sexual attention
- nonconsensual or unwelcome physical contact
- sustained disruption of talks, events or communications
- insults or put downs
- sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ablest, or exclusionary jokes
- incitement to violence, suicide, or self-harm
- continuing to initiate interaction (including photography or recording) with someone after being asked to stop
- publication or sharing of private communication without consent
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
If you believe someone is violating the Code of Conduct, we ask that you report it to any of the workshop organizers.
Participants who are asked to stop any inappropriate behaviour are expected to comply immediately. This applies to any workshop events and platforms, either online or in-person. If a participant engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, the organizers may warn the offender, ask them to leave the event or platform. Offenders will not be able to participate in any workshop or project offering in the future.